ClearPlus™ Series Tannin & Organics Filters
removes tannins, lignins, and organics responsible for bad taste, smell, and unsightly yellow/orange tea-colored water
HomePlus ClearPlus™ Series
Starting at: US$1,351.00
Write a review.
Found a Lower Price?
Request a Price Beat
Factory Direct Savings!!!
- Description & Benefits
- How It Works
- Install / Manuals
Description & Benefits
Tannins and other organics are commonly found in surface water from lakes, streams, and shallow wells under the influence of surface water. They are responsible for unpleasant tastes and odors and are often the cause of the unsightly yellow/orange discoloration that makes the water look like "tea." Organics also serve as precursors to a wide range of harmful disinfection by-products which form when water containing tannins and other organics is chlorinated.
Our ClearPlus™ Series Tannin and Organics water treatment systems not only remove tannins, lignins, and other organics to restore the clarity of your water, but they also contain a specialized mineral media to naturally prevent acidic pH conditions that are common after anion-exchange treatment with competitor's systems!
- Removes tannins, lignins, and organics to improve the clarity and taste of your water
- Prevents staining of laundry
- Prevents formation of disinfection by-products such as THMs
- Specialized mineral media to prevent acidic pH (common after anion-treatment by competitor's systems)
- Smart valve technology and metered regeneration for less water and salt consumption
- Cost-effective and long-lasting media (5 to 10 years)
- Simple, automated regeneration keeps the media clean and operating efficiently
- Simple operation with no day-to-day maintenance
- Brand-name digital control valve (Fleck 5800SXT) with simple programming and operation
- Water consumption data logging
- Great warranty (5 years on control valve, 10 years on tank)
- Bypass included
Ideal for the treatment of water from shallow wells, lakes, streams, and rivers.
- Remove bad taste due to organics
- Remove "tea" color caused by tannins
- Prevent formation of disinfection by-products
- Keep your "whites" white!
- Keep your colors bright
- Specialized mineral prevents acidic pH conditions that are common after treatment with competitor's systems!
Smart technology for high efficiency...
All ClearPlus™ tannin filter systems are optimally designed and pre-programmed to ensure that you can achieve peak performance and salt efficiency.
ClearPlus™ systems are designed to automatically backwash and regenerate periodically to eject trapped sediment and particulates and restore media capacity. This process is controlled by the Fleck 5800 SXT digital control valve and is generally programmed to occur in the middle of the night (fully adjustable) when you are not likely to be using any water. The system uses a sophisticated controller which calculates the optimal time to regenerate the system based on the system capacity, your water consumption patterns, your water use, and contaminant levels.
How ClearPlus™ Tannin Filters Work
1. Fleck 5800SXT Control Valve - Our ClearPlus™ Series filters use a sophisticated digital controller which calculates the optimal time to regenerate the system based on its capacity, your water consumption patterns, your water use, and contaminant levels. The result is greater salt and water efficiency, and easier programing, maintenance, and servicing.
Fleck brand control valves are manufactured in the U.S.A. by Pentair, LLC, one of the world's largest water treatment companies, and leading filter control valve manufacturer. The Fleck 5800 is part of a new series of valves recently released by Pentair which feature some of the most advanced control options for water filter regeneration. The Fleck 5800 control valve is tested and certified by the Water Quality Association to NSF/ANSI Standard 44 for Water Softener Performance. Many of our competitors are still using 20+ year old valve technology (Fleck 5600 for instance). Some are even still using archaic electromechanical models instead of digital controllers.
The regeneration process occurs roughly every 5-7 days and is generally programmed to occur in the middle of the night (fully adjustable) when you are not likely to be using any water.
2. Anion Exchange Resin - The anion exchange resin is the heart of the system. ClearPlus™ Series Tannin Filters remove the tannins, lignins, and organics through a process called anion exchange. They contain electro-positively charged plastic beads (anion resin) that attract negatively charged organic contaminants in the water. These contaminants cling to the media and are removed from the water stream. As the media becomes saturated with contaminants over time, the system is designed to perform a self-cleaning process called regeneration on a periodic basis. This is all performed automatically. The system uses chloride ions from common salt to eject contaminants off of the media - the chloride ions are "exchanged" for the contaminants and the chloride ions cling to the media instead. The contaminants are backwashed / rinsed down the drain. When the system returns to service, the opposite "exchange" process occurs whereby the organics contaminants are exchanged for the chloride ions.
3. Zeolite Media w/ pH Correction - ClearPlus™ Series filters use a specialized synthetic zeolite media to ensure a proper pH balance of the treated water. During anion exchange treatment, it is common that the pH of the treated water will decline, often resulting in water that is slightly acidic. Our mineral media will naturally boost the pH to a neutral level.
4. Gravel Underbed - the gravel support layer ensures even water flow across the anion exchange resin and zeolite media, preventing channeling that could reduce performance.
5. Brine Tank - The salt used to regenerate the media is stored in a brine tank which sits beside the system. All you have to do is add water softener salt to the brine tank periodically (only once or twice per month for most systems). The system does everything else automatically.
6. Brine Controls - All of our systems come with a fully assembled brine control system which consists of a brine well, brine valve, safety float, air check, and overflow port. During the regeneration process, the control valve draws brine (salt water) from the brine tank to regenerate the media. At the end of the regeneration cycle, it adds a carefully measured amount of water back to the brine tank so that it can make new brine for the next regeneration.
7. Salt - Water softener salt is available at most big box retailers and hardware stores and is inexpensive.
8. Salt Grid - The salt grid allows the water to interface with the salt so it can be dissolved to make a good brine solution for the regeneration process without the salt getting into the brine control system where it could cause clogging.
Compare Available Models
|Home Size:||Cabin||1 Bathroom||1 or 2 Bathrooms||2 or 3 Bathrooms||3 or 4 Bathrooms|
|Capacity:||1,500 ppm||2,500 ppm||3,000 ppm||4,000 ppm||5,000 ppm|
|Treatment Tank Diameter (Inches):||9||10||12||13||14|
|Total Height (Inches):||57||63||61||63||74|
|Brine Tank Size:||14W x 14D x 34H inches||18 diameter x 36H inches|
|Approx. Installation Space
Required (W x D x H"):
|14 x 25 x 57||14 x 26 x 63||14 x 28 x 61||18 x 33 x 63||18 x 34 x 74|
|Anion Resin Volume (Cubic Feet):||0.75||1.25||1.5||2||2.5|
|Zeolite Media Volume (Cubic Feet):||0.25||0.25||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Recommended Service Flow Rate (GPM):||2.5||4.5||5.5||7.0||9.0|
|Max. (Peak) Service Flow Rate (GPM):||4.0||6.5||7.5||10.0||12.5|
|Backwash Flow Rate @ 40F (GPM):||2.5||3.0||4.0||5.0||5.5|
|Backwash Flow Rate @ 70F (GPM):||2.7||3.5||4.5||5.5||6.0|
|Lbs of Salt Per Regeneration:||10||15||20||25||30|
|ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter Specifications:|
|Control Valve:||Fleck 5800 SXT|
|Inlet/Outlet Connections:||1" MNPT|
|Drain Connection:||1/2" FNPT|
|Operating Temperature:||36F to 100F (2 to 38C)|
|Operating Pressure:||20 to 90 psi (1.4 to 6.2 bar)|
|Replacement Media:||Viqua Tannin Resin MIN-IRA958|
|Typical Media Life:||5 Years|
|Operating Conditions / Pre-Treatment Requirements:|
|Maximum Hardness:||25 grains per gallon (256 mg/l)|
|pH Range:||6 to 9|
|Max. Water Temperature:||49C (120F)|
|Min. Water Temperature:||must not freeze|
|Recommended Pressure:||15 to 80 psi|
|Iron:||< 0.3 ppm (mg/l)|
|Manganese:||< 0.05 ppm (mg/l)|
|Total Organic Carbon:||< 10 ppm (mg/l)|
|Tannins:||< 5 ppm (mg/l)|
Installation / Manuals
We have designed our ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter systems for ease of installation. We provide a bypass valve and complete pre-assembled brine tank kit with each system. The brine tank kit includes a 14 x 14 x 34" molded black brine tank, brine well, salt grid, safety float, air check valve, and brine tubing. The bypass valve has male 1" NPT threaded fittings. If your pipe diameter is different, you can connect to the bypass with simple adapters available at any hardware store. The drain line connection is female 1/2" NPT.
The ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter system should be installed after the pressure tank or pressure booster if applicable. It is normally installed after the branch to exterior irrigation so that it only treats water used inside the building. This reduces salt consumption.
We recommend that ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter systems be installed by a licensed plumber, however, your warranty is valid as long as your system is installed in accordance with local plumbing codes and the Owner's Manual.
Only the best components go into our ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter water treatment systems. They are sourced from some of the leading manufacturers in the business, and assembled at our factory in Canada. You can be assured that only the finest materials have gone into the manufacture of all ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter systems and that the materials used are safe for potable water contact. The following is a list of key system components:
|Item||Manufacturer||Material Safety Validations|
|Valve & Bypass Assembly||Pentair PLC
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Made in USA
|NSF/ANSI Standard 44
NSF/ANSI Standard 372
|Media Tank||Pentair PLC
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Made in USA
|NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Tannin Removal Resin||Purolite
Bala Cynwyd, PA, USA
Made in USA
|NSF/ANSI Standard 61|
ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter systems are backed by a comprehensive warranty program.
Subject to the limitations noted below, ClearPlus™ Tannin Filter system components are warranted by HomePlus Products Inc. to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the following periods:
Fleck 5800 SXT Control Valve: 5 Years*
Media Tank: 10 Years
All Other Components (except as noted**): 1 Year
*Note: Piston seals are considered a wear and tear item and require regularly scheduled maintenance and replacement, usually every 3-5 years. They are warranted for a period of 1 year.
**Note: Due to the wide variety of potential feed water conditions, there is no warranty on the anion resin, zeolite media, or underbed gravel.
The term of these warranties begins on the date of delivery of the product to the customer and continues until the earlier of:
- the end of the warranty term noted above; or
- the date in which the product(s) is/are removed from the original location of installation; or
- the date in which the original purchases sells or otherwise transfers ownership of the home in which the product(s) was/were originally installed.
Only products purchased from an Authorized Dealer or HomePlus Products Inc. directly are eligible for this warranty. The products must have been installed and operated accordance with the instructions and operating conditions stated in the Owner's Manual.
Customer must register his or her warranty with HomePlus products Inc. within 90 days of original purchase for the warranty to remain valid.
This warranty applies only in Canada and the United States of America.
In the event that a part is deemed defective, the user must immediately inform HomePlus Products Inc. who will furnish a replacement part at no cost to the user. HomePlus' obligation to the customer shall be limited to the replacement of the defective part by prepaid standard freight to the original point of installation. Expedited shipping is available at the discretion and cost of the customer. When required, the return of defective parts to HomePlus is the responsibility of the customer.
This warranty does not cover any labour costs including labour costs related to troubleshooting, repair, installation, or maintenance.
This warranty does not apply to the following situations: misuse; normal wear and tear; neglect; unauthorized repair or damage caused through installation, adaptation, or modification; use in an improper manner or manner inconsistent with the manufacturer's installation, operating, and maintenance instructions; misapplication; wear or deterioration due to environmental conditions; damage occurring during transit; mishandling; improper storage; incorrect supply of water; tampering or alteration; fire, freezing; Act of god; or any cause beyond the control of HomePlus Products Inc.
The original warranty period does not change in the event of part replacement by HomePlus Products Inc.
This warranty is issued exclusively to the original consumer purchaser of record so long as the product remains installed in the original location of installation, and is not transferable.
The provisions of the foregoing warranties are in lieu of any other warranty, whether expressed or implied, written or oral (including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). HomePlus Product Inc.'s liability arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the products or their use or disposition, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort, or otherwise, shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid by the authorized distributor or consumer for the product. In no event shall HomePlus Products Inc. be liable to the distributor or any other person or entity for special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (including, but not limited to, property loss, loss of incomes, or loss of use damages) arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the products, even if HomePlus Products Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. These warranties are governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and may change without notice.
To report a warranty problem with your system or request warranty service, please call HomePlus Products Inc. Toll free: 1-866-376-2690