ClearPlus WHC+ Whole House Premium 0.5 Micron
Carbon Block Filter Package
ClearPlus WHC+ Whole House Filter Package w/ 0.5 Micron Carbon Block
Our Price: US$339.95
You save: $207.05
Found a Lower Price?
Request a Price Beat
Lowest Price Guaranteed!If you find a lower price on this product call us or Click here to request a price beat.
The WHC+ is our best whole house filter package. It features filtration of sediments, particulates, and other contaminants down to a level of 0.5 microns (nominal) as well as extraordinary chlorine reduction capacity.
The WHC+ whole house filter package features multi-stage filtration for a wide range of common contaminants. This system features Pentek's popular 100% pure polypropylene dual-gradient sediment filter to remove fine sediment particles down to a level of 5 microns, thereby protecting the more expensive carbon filter from sediment loading. The polypropylene media is highly resistant to bacteria, making this an excellent choice for well water treatment applications.
The sediment filter is followed by Pentek's CBC-20BB 0.5 micron carbon block filter which is highly effective at reducing unwanted taste, odor, chlorine, a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOC's). The WHC+ has exceptionally high chlorine reduction capacity - 90% reduction over a filter life of 150,000 gallons at a flow rate of 4 gallons per minute (567,800 L at a flow rate of 15 LPM), almost 4 times more chlorine reduction capacity than standard 5 micron whole house carbon block and GAC filters. With its nominal 0.5 micron rating, this filter also effectively removes 99.9% of cryptosporidium and giardia cysts, as well as extremely fine sediment particles, making the WHC+ a popular choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial, and industrial water treatment applications.
Note: Due to its extremely high filtration effectiveness, this filter is more restrictive to water flow and accordingly has a higher pressure reduction than standard large diameter carbon block and GAC filters. To try to compensate for this as much as possible, we utilize very large 4.5 inch diameter x 20" filters in our WHC+ whole house systems. By increasing surface area, these large format filters help prevent premature clogging and maximize surface area to reduce pressure loss.
Applications & Suitability:
The WHC+ is designed for consumers seeking the highest rates of contaminant reduction possible in a whole house cartridge filter. The WHC+ is an excellent all-round whole house filtration system for the removal of ultra fine sediments, particulates, cryptosporidium and giardia cysts, chlorine, bad tastes and odors, and VOCs. It features the highest chlorine reduction capacity of all of our whole house filter systems (by far). It is a popular choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial, and industrial water treatment applications. This system is also a popular choice for well water owners requiring pre-filtration down to a level of less than 1 micron for certain UV sterilizer applications, especially where elevated levels of cryptosporidium and giardia, or high levels of organic contaminants are present (organic contaminants can absorb UV light). The WHC+ is an excellent choice for well water, lake water, stream water, and municipal (city) water treatment applications. For best results, we recommend a maximum flow rate of 4 gallons per minute (suitable for typical residential whole house applications) and a water temperature of less than 85F, especially when VOC reduction is a primary objective.
|So, how small is 0.5 microns?:|
A micron is roughly 1/25,000th of an inch or one millionth of a meter. The average human hair measures about 70 microns in diameter. The WHC+ will remove approximately 85% of all particles measuring 0.5 microns - roughly 140 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair! In other words, trying to pass a particle the diameter of a human hair through the WHC+'s carbon filter would be similar to trying to push a beach ball through the eye of a needle...
This incredibly fine filtration is achieved by bonding powdered activated carbon into an extremely dense block with microscopic pores and pathways for the water to flow through. In addition to forming a physical barrier that small contaminants cannot pass through, this matrix of tiny pathways ensure that the water is in contact with the carbon media to the maximum extent possible, thereby greatly enhancing the removal of chlorine and other contaminants.
Some other interesting comparisons:
Why choose the WHC+ Carbon Filter Package w/ 0.5 Micron Carbon Block?
- exceptionally high chlorine reduction capacity - 4 to 5 times more than comparably sized carbon filters and almost 10 times more than most competitor's whole house carbon filters
- normal 0.5 micron rating - traps extremely fine particles as well as 99.9% of cryptosporidium and giardia cysts
- very long cartridge life due to exceptional chlorine reduction capacity - filter life of 150,000 gallons!
- very good removal efficiency for a wide range of VOCs
- we use only the highest quality heavy duty filter housings with large diameter inlet and outlet for less pressure drop and better flow dynamics
- housings and carbon filter are NSF Certified (Standard 42 for material requirements)
- we use standard filter sizes so you will always be able to obtain replacement filters for your system
- many competitors use small 2.5" x 10" filters in their whole house filter systems, resulting in poor water pressure, short filter life, and less than optimal flow characteristics - we use filters with much greater surface area and carbon volume to maximize contaminant removal, improve water pressure and flow characteristics, and extend filter life so you have less maintenance to do!
- sturdy powder-coated steel mounting bracket, and spanner wrench are included!
- great pricing on system packages are replacement filters - guaranteed best prices in USA and Canada on all replacement filters purchased by the case!
Included in package:
* Many factors can affect filter life including contaminant levels, flow rates, etc. Estimated filter life based on 2ppm chlorine, 4.0 GPM continuous flow, and minimum 90% chlorine reduction.
Download WHC+ Owner's
Manual & Installation Guide
Adobe PDF Format
Options, Accessories and Replacement Parts
The contaminants or other substances removed by this water treatment device are not necessarily present in your water.