ClearPlus WH2-HF High Flow Series Premium 5 Micron
Whole House Carbon Block Filter Package
ClearPlus WH2-HF High Flow Series Premium
Our Price: US$289.95
You save: $154.05
Found a Lower Price?
Request a Price Beat
Lowest Price Guaranteed!If you find a lower price on this product call us or Click here to request a price beat.
Our WH2-HF High-Flow Series whole house filter package is based on our extremely popular WH2 whole house carbon block filter package, however, it is designed for homeowners seeking higher-flow rates, greater chlorine/contaminant reduction capacity between filter changes, and higher contaminant removal rates at lower flow rates.
The WH2-HF features dual stage filtration for a wide range of common contaminants that affect the clarity, taste, and odor of residential water. This system features Hydronix's unique multi-depth poly sediment filter which removes dirt, sediment, rust particles, and other particulates down to a level of 10 microns thereby protecting the carbon filter and preserving its capacity. This filter uses the entire depth of its media by trapping the largest sediment particles on the outside of the filter, then gradually stepping down the size of particles it will reject as the water moves closer to the core of the filter. The outer layer is rated at 75 microns. The subsequent layers are rated at 50 microns, 25 microns, and finally 10 microns. The result is longer filter life and higher flow rates (less pressure drop). The polypropylene media is highly resistant to bacteria, making this an excellent choice for well, lake, and stream water treatment applications, in addition to city water.
This filter is followed by a huge 20" x 4.5" diameter version of Pentek's EP Series 5 micron carbon block filter which features greater chlorine removal and dirt-holding capacity than competitor's filters of a similar size. The high porosity-design helps prevent the cartridge from clogging before its absorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the activated carbon media. The carbon block filter has excellent chlorine reduction characteristics and is also commonly used to remove chlorine disinfection by-products (THM's), and a wide range of organic and volatile organic compounds (VOC's) that affect water clarity, taste, and odor. Minimum chlorine reduction of 90% at over a filter life of 40,000 gallons at a flow rate of 4 GPM (151,400 L @ 15.1 LPM).
This system is a popular choice for well water owners requiring filtration down to a level of 5 microns for a whole house UV sterilizer, especially where elevated levels of organic contaminants are present (organic contaminants can absorb UV light).
Applications & Suitability:
The WH2-HF is a popular general purpose whole house water filter package for larger homes. It is well suited to sediment and particulate removal as well as the reduction of chlorine, chlorine disinfection bi-products like trihalomethanes (THM's), a wide range of volatile organic compounds, and other contaminants responsible for bad tastes and odors. The WH2-HF is an excellent choice for well water, lake water, stream water, and municipal (city) water treatment applications. For best results, we recommend a maximum flow rate of about 6 gallons per minute, which is sufficient for most larger residential applications.
Note: Some municipalities disinfect their water with chloramine instead of chlorine. We recommend that you confirm which disinfectant your city uses to treat your water supply so you can ensure that you choose the best filter for your needs. If your water supply is treated with chloramine, we highly recommend that you consider the WH Chloramine filter which uses a special catalytic carbon to enhance chloramine removal.
Why choose the WH2-HF High Flow Series Whole House Carbon Filter Package?
- large carbon bed creates high flow rate capacity without compromising contaminant reduction rates
- greater chlorine removal and dirt-holding capacity than competitor's filters of a similar size - the high porosity-design helps prevent the cartridge from clogging before its absorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the activated carbon media
- carbon block design reduces "fines" and prevents channeling which can reduce effectiveness of many competitors' granular activated carbon filters
- we use only the highest quality heavy duty filter housings with large diameter inlet and outlet for less pressure drop and better flow dynamics
- housings and filters are NSF Certified (Standard 42 for material requirements)
- we use standard filter sizes so you will always be able to obtain replacement filters for your system
- many competitors use small 2.5" x 10" filters in their whole house filter systems, resulting in poor water pressure, short filter life, and less than optimal flow characteristics - we use filters with much greater surface area and dirt-holding capacity to maximize contaminant removal, improve water pressure and flow characteristics, and extend filter life so you have less maintenance to do!
- includes sturdy powder-coated steel mounting bracket and spanner wrench
- great pricing on system packages are replacement filters - guaranteed best prices and free shipping in USA and Canada on all replacement filters purchased by the case!
Included in package:
* Many factors can affect filter life including contaminant levels, flow rates, etc. Estimated filter life based on 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC), 4 GPM continuous flow, and minimum 90% chlorine reduction.
Download WH2-HF Owner's
Manual & Installation Guide
Adobe PDF Format
Check out our WH2 Carbon Filter
Options, Accessories and Replacement Parts
The contaminants or other substances removed by this water treatment device are not necessarily present in your water.