Dow Filmtec SW30XHR-400i Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane
replacement 6,000 GPD seawater desalination reverse osmosis (RO) membrane element
Filmtec SW30XHR-400i element is the highest rejection seawater element in the Filmtec element range, enabling stringent water quality requirements to be met with single pass seawater systems in most situations. The benefits of Filmtec SW30XHR-400i elements include:
- Very high NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards more cost effectively.
- Utilization of the distinct iLEC(tm) interlocking endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of o-ring leaks that cause poor water quality.
- Guaranteed active area of 400 square feet maximizes productivity and enables accurate and predictable system design and operating flux.
- Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
- High performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments. Filmtec elements are more durable and may be cleaned over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reducing the effect of overall fouling and maximizing element efficiency.
*The above benchmark values are based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77F (25C), pH 8 and 8% recovery. Permeate flows for individual elements may vary +/-15%.
**Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
***Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
Note: Active surface area guaranteed +/-5%. Active area as stated by FilmTec is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers.
A: 40.0" (1,016mm)
B: 40.5" (1,029mm)
C: 7.9" (201mm)
D: 1.125"ID (29mm)
Element fits nominal 8-inch (203 mm) I.D. pressure vessels.
|Model||Diameter Inches||Length Inches||Active Surface
Area ft2 (m2)
|Test Pressure||Permeate Flow
(w/ Free Shipping)
Our Stock #703293991
Dow Part #293991
|8||40||400 (37)||800 psi||6,000 (23)|
Notice: The use of this product in and of itself does not necessarily guarantee the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction is dependent on the complete system design and on the operation and maintenance of the system.