ClearPlus WH3-HF High Flow Series Premium Whole House
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Filter Package
ClearPlus WH3-HF High Flow Series
Our Price: US$299.95
You save: $150.05
Write a review.
Found a Lower Price?
Request a Price Beat
- Why Choose WH3-HF
- Related Products
The WH3-HF High-Flow Series whole house filter package features dual stage filtration and is designed to maximize contaminant reduction rates for a wide range of common contaminants that affect the clarity, taste, and odor of residential water. This system features Hydronix's unique multi-depth poly sediment filter which removes dirt, sediment, rust particles, and other particulates down to a level of 10 microns thereby protecting the carbon filter and preserving its capacity. This filter uses the entire depth of its media by trapping the largest sediment particles on the outside of the filter, then gradually stepping down the size of particles it will reject as the water moves closer to the core of the filter. The outer layer is rated at 75 microns. The subsequent layers are rated at 50 microns, 25 microns, and finally 10 microns. The result is longer filter life and higher flow rates (less pressure drop). The polypropylene media is highly resistant to bacteria, making this an excellent choice for well, lake, and stream water treatment applications, in addition to city water.
This filter is followed by Pentek's GAC Series granular activated carbon filter which allows water to enter at one end and pass through the entire length of the very large carbon bed (20 inches!) thereby maximizing contact time and contaminant removal before exiting the other end (upflow design). Accordingly, higher contaminant removal rates can generally be achieved as compared to most radial flow GAC or carbon block filters. A 20 micron built-in post-filter helps remove carbon fines and other suspended particulates. An internal expansion pad reduces channeling and bypass. The WH3-HF is a very popular choice for general chlorine reduction. It is also commonly used to remove chlorine disinfection by-products (THM's), and a wide range of organic and volatile organic compounds (VOC's) that affect water clarity, taste, and odor. Minimum chlorine reduction of 90% at over a filter life of 30,000 gallons at a flow rate of 4 GPM (113,000 L @ 15 LPM).
Included in package:
- two (2) heavy-duty Pentek Big Blue 20" filter housings (1" NPT) w/ pressure relief buttons
- one (1) powder-coated mounting bracket and related screws
- one (1) Hydronix SDC-45-2010 multi-gradient 10 micron sediment filter cartridge
- one (1) Pentek GAC-20BB granular activated carbon cartridge filter
- one (1) spanner wrench
- one (1) 1" brass housing coupler used to join the 2 filter housings
- one (1) roll of Teflon tape
Check out our WH3 Carbon Filter
Applications & Suitability:
The WH3-HF is a very popular general purpose whole house water filter package. It is also very well suited to applications where higher contact time between the contaminants and the filter media are required for optimal removal such as many VOC's a low levels of radon (for radon reduction, follow-up testing is recommended to ensure acceptable reduction rates are achieved). The WH3-HF is well suited to sediment and particulate removal as well as the reduction of chlorine, chlorine disinfection bi-products like trihalomethanes (THM's), a wide range of volatile organic compounds, and other contaminants responsible for bad tastes and odors. The WH3-HF is an excellent choice for well water, lake water, stream water, and municipal (city) water treatment applications. For best results, we recommend a maximum flow rate of about 4 gallons per minute, which is sufficient for an average residential application.
Note: Some municipalities disinfect their water with chloramine instead of chlorine. We recommend that you confirm which disinfectant your city uses to treat your water supply so you can ensure that you choose the best filter for your needs. If your water supply is treated with chloramine, we highly recommend that you consider the WH Chloramine filter which uses a special catalytic carbon to enhance chloramine removal.
ClearPlus WH3-HF Specifications
|Features & Specifications:|
|Micron Rating:||10 microns nominal|
|Max. Recommended Flow Rate
(Gallons per Minute):
|6 GPM (23 LPM)|
|Pressure Drop @ Maximum Flow Rate:||< 6 PSI|
|Housing:||Two Heavy Duty Pentek Big Blue Housings (20")|
|Inlet/Outlet:||1" NPT (female)|
|Replacement Sediment Pre-Filter:||Hydronix SDC-45-2010|
|Replacement Carbon Filter:||Pentek GAC-20BB|
|Estimated Carbon Filter Life:||30,000 gallons (113,300 L)|
|Recommended Operating Temp. Range:||40-100F (4.4 to 37C)|
|Maximum Recommended Water Pressure:||90 PSI (6.2 bar)|
* Many factors can affect filter life including contaminant levels, flow rates, etc. Estimated filter life based on 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC), 4 GPM continuous flow, and minimum 90% chlorine reduction.
|Recommended Uses: ratings scale|
|Sediment, Dirt, Rust Particles, Turbidity|
|Chlorine, THMs, Bad Tastes & Odors|
|Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs)*|
Why choose the WH3-HF High Flow Series GAC Carbon Filter Package?
- huge carbon bed and upflow design maximizes contact time between contaminants and media to enhance contaminant removal rates
- less risk of channeling and bypass as compared to competitor's granular activated carbon (GAC) filters
- we use only the highest quality heavy duty filter housings with large diameter inlet and outlet for less pressure drop and better flow dynamics
- housings and filters are NSF Certified (Standard 42 for material requirements)
- we use standard filter sizes so you will always be able to obtain replacement filters for your system
- many competitors use small 2.5" x 10" filters in their whole house filter systems, resulting in poor water pressure, short filter life, and less than optimal flow characteristics - we use filters with much greater surface area and carbon volume to maximize contaminant removal, improve water pressure and flow characteristics, and extend filter life so you have less maintenance to do!
- sturdy powder-coated steel mounting bracket and spanner wrench included
- great pricing on system packages are replacement filters - guaranteed best prices and free shipping in USA and Canada on all replacement filters purchased by the case!
ClearPlus WH3-HF High Flow Series Premium GAC Carbon Filter Package Reviews
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Options, Accessories and Replacement Parts
ClearPlus WH3-HF High Flow Series Premium GAC Carbon Filter Package Customer Questions & Answers
Download WH3-HF Owner's
Manual & Installation Guide
Adobe PDF Format