Viqua (Trojan) UVMax E4 50 Plus
The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 50 Plus has been specially designed for water sources with known UVT problems. With a UV intensity monitor sensor calibrated to alarm at 50% UVT or less, you get the traditional protection of oversizing a UV system to compensate for lower UVT levels while also getting the added benefit of making sure that UVT won't decrease to a point where drinking water could become unsafe.
This unit is sized for average homes where water flow rates may reach as much as 9 gallons per minute (an average shower flows at about 2 GPM).The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 50 Plus is equipped with a UV intensity monitor. The UV intensity monitor continuously monitors the intensity of the UV light to ensure that the water is receiving an adequate dose of UV light to kill the bacteria, viruses, etc. The use of a model with a UV intensity monitor is generally recommended where a known E.coli or other serious problem is present or the feed water parameters may cause problems with UV tramsmittance from time to time (sediment flushing, iron or hard water scale build-up on the UV sleeve etc.).
Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 50 Plus can be equipped with an optional solenoid emergency shut-off kit (Emergency Solenoid Shut-off Kit #650717-002).
- Compare Viqua (Trojan) UVMax with other UV water purification systems
- Compare to other Trojan UV Max models
- How to select the correct Viqua (Trojan) UVMax model for your needs
- UV dose required to kill common bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Alternative treatment technologies
- Recommended pre-filters for ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers
- Recommended Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV sterilizer accessories
- Frequently asked questions about the Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV water purifier
|Model E4 50 Plus Specifications|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|9 GPM (34 LPM)|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|7 GPM (26 LPM)|
|No Tools Maintenance|
|Constant Current Electronic Power Supply|
|Handy Reference Card|
|Lamp Timer Display and Reset|
|UV Intensity Monitor|
|Emergency Solenoid Shut-Off Kit||optional|
|Water Chamber Material||stainless
|UV Sleeve Material||quartz|
|Inlet/Oulet||1 inch NPT|
|Max. Current (AMPS)||0.85|
|Max. Power (watts)||83|
|Lamp Power (watts)||70|
|Chamber Assembly Size||30 x 4"
76 x 10cm
|Control Module Size||8.5 x 6"
22 x 15 cm
* For most residential applications, we recommend a UV dose of at least 40 mJ/cm2. Flow rate recommendations are based on 50% UV transmittance (UVT) and after 9,000 hours of bulb operation.
|Feed Water Quality Parameters|
(7 grains / gallon)
|UV Transmittance (UVT):||55%|
|Maximum Temperature:||86F (30C)|
|Maximum Pressure:||125 psi|