Viqua (Trojan) UVMax E4
The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 is designed for larger homes where water flow rates may reach as much as 22 gallons per minute (average shower flows at about 2 GPM). It replaces the Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E which was retired in late 2008.
The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 can be equiped with an optional UV intensity monitor. The UV intensity monitor continuously monitors the intensity of the UV light to ensure that the water is receiving an adequate dose of UV light to kill the bacteria, viruses, etc. The use of a model with a UV intensity monitor is generally recommended where a known E.coli or other serious problem is present or the feed water parameters may cause problems with UV tramsmittance from time to time (sediment flushing, iron or hard water scale build-up on the UV sleeve etc.). The UV intensity monitor MUST be purchased at the same time as the unit - it CANNOT be added at a later date. When equiped with the UV intensity monitor, it is referred to as the Model E4+ (PLUS).
Second, the Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model E4 can also be equiped with an optional solenoid emergency shut-off kit. For more information on the emergency shut-off kit, CLICK HERE.
- Compare Viqua (Trojan) UVMax with other UV water purification systems
- Compare to other Trojan UV Max models
- How to select the correct Viqua (Trojan) UVMax model for your needs
- UV dose required to kill common bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Alternative treatment technologies
- Recommended pre-filters for ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers
- Recommended Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV sterilizer accessories
- Frequently asked questions about the Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV water purifier
|Model E4 Specifications|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|22 GPM (83 LPM)|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|16 GPM (60 LPM)|
|No Tools Maintenance|
|Constant Current Electronic Power Supply|
|Handy Reference Card|
|Lamp Timer Display and Reset|
|UV Intensity Monitor||optional|
|Emergency Solenoid Shut-Off Kit||optional|
|Water Chamber Material||stainless
|UV Sleeve Material||quartz|
|Inlet/Oulet||1 inch NPT|
|Max. Current (AMPS)||0.85|
|Max. Power (watts)||83|
|Lamp Power (watts)||70|
|Chamber Assembly Size||30 x 4"
76 x 10cm
|Control Module Size||8.5 x 6"
22 x 15 cm
* For most residential applications, we recommend a UV dose of at least 40 mJ/cm2. Flow rate recommendations are based on 95% UV transmittance (UVT) and after 9,000 hours of bulb operation.
|Feed Water Quality Parameters|
(7 grains / gallon)
|UV Transmittance (UVT):||75%|
|Maximum Temperature:||86F (30C)|
|Maximum Pressure:||125 psi|