Viqua (Trojan) UVMax D4 Plus
The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model D4 Plus offers the same level of sterilization as the Model C4, however, it has several additional features including an elapsed time meter, lamp replacement reminder, a UV intensity monitor, and the ability to add an optional solenoid kit. Similar to the Model C4, the Model D4 Plus is appropriate for most residential applications where flow rates will generally not exceed about 12 gallons per minute. The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax D4 Plus replaced the previous generation Model D Plus in late 2008.
The UV intensity monitor continuously monitors the intensity of the UV light to ensure that the water is receiving an adequate dose of UV light to kill the bacteria, viruses, etc. The use of a model with a UV intensity monitor is generally recommended where a known E.coli or other serious problem is present or the feed water parameters may cause problems with UV tramsmittance from time to time (sediment flushing, iron or hard water scale build-up on the UV sleeve etc.).
The Viqua (Trojan) UVMax Model D4 Plus can also be equipped with an optional solenoid emergency shut-off kit (Emergency Solenoid Shut-off Kit #650717-001).
- Compare Viqua (Trojan) UVMax with other UV water purification systems
- Compare to other Trojan UV Max models
- How to select the correct Viqua (Trojan) UVMax model for your needs
- UV dose required to kill common bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Alternative treatment technologies
- Recommended pre-filters for ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers
- Recommended Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV sterilizer accessories
- Frequently asked questions about the Viqua (Trojan) UVMax UV water purifier
|Model D4 Plus Specifications|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|12 GPM (45 LPM)|
|Maximum Flow Rate
|9 GPM (34 LPM)|
|No Tools Maintenance|
|Constant Current Electronic Power Supply|
|Handy Reference Card|
|Lamp Timer Display and Reset|
|UV Intensity Monitor|
|Emergency Solenoid Shut-Off Kit||optional|
|Water Chamber Material||stainless
|UV Sleeve Material||quartz|
|Inlet/Oulet||3/4 inch NPT|
|Max. Current (AMPS)||0.5|
|Max. Power (watts)||50|
|Lamp Power (watts)||40|
|Chamber Assembly Size||20.5 x 4"
52 x 10cm
|Control Module Size||8.5 x 6"
22 x 15 cm
* For most residential applications, we recommend a UV dose of at least 40 mJ/cm2. Flow rate recommendations are based on 95% UV transmittance (UVT) and after 9,000 hours of bulb operation.
|Feed Water Quality Parameters|
|UV Transmittance (UVT):||75%|
|Maximum Temperature:||86F (30C)|
|Maximum Pressure:||125 psi|